Friday, January 16, 2009

Electric President - "Grand Machine No.12"



I've been trying to listen to more new music lately, partly because there's a lot of great stuff out there, and partly because I caught up with an old friend on MSN a while ago - one I hadn't talked to properly for a long time - and she took a look at what I was listening to and said, "you really DO listen to things over and over again, don't you?"
This is true, I tend to slowly build up a list of my favourites and then listen to them for aeons - sometimes it works, but sometimes [like now] I feel the urge to see what's out there.

I appreciate the quirky, and this song by Electric President fits that inch-perfectly. It's also very subtle, intelligent and subversive, which is never bad. The video is so excellent that if you're not careful you can find yourself missing the music, which though understated is really very good. Yes, it panders to all those post-hippie era indie kids out there, but I feel I can let them have their fun as long as their putting out pieces like this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home